Train to Become a Guide
There are Federal Government Certificate Courses available specifically for Tour Guides.
There are a number of TAFE Colleges and Registered Training Organisations (RTO”s) approved to conduct these courses. Course detail and approved RTO’s can be found on the following links
- Certificate III in Tour Guiding here training.gov.au – SIT30316 – Certificate III in Guiding
- Certificate IV in Tour Guiding here training.gov.au – SIT40216 – Certificate IV in Guiding
There are also other Tourism and Hospitality courses that include guiding course components and part of their curriculums.
Enquire at TAFE or other Registered Training Organisation.
Tour Guides Australia Training
TOUR GUIDING FUNDAMENTALS
- Are you new to the tourism industry?
- Do you aspire to be a tour guide – one of the most rewarding and enriching careers in the visitor economy?
- Would you like to be job-ready for employment?
The course is led by industry professionals who both train and work as professional tour guides. Additional insights and current real-world experiences from accredited tour guides working in a diverse range of settings across Australia, are embedded in the course and shared with participants.
Participants can expect to gain basic knowledge, skills and understandings across six themes that Tour Guides Australia recognises as minimum industry standards for entry-level professional tour guides:
- Cultural and social awareness
- Customer service
- Occupational health and safety
- Safety and legislation
- Organising a tour
On Site Training
Many Tourism operators, visitor attractions and Regional tourism visitor centres provide skill training to meet their specific requirements of staff and volunteers.
Volunteering is a pathway for many guides.
Contact TGA for detail of TGA approved operators. email@example.com
Tour Guide Australia Associate Membership
This membership category caters for students and people interested in guiding as a profession.
It provides access to TGA networking with professional guides, attendance at events, access to TGA assessment process and Recognition of Prior Learning.
For TGA membership enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org