We warmly welcome new members.
We provide ongoing networking and job opportunities for tour guides and for anyone who works in allied industries thanks to our member links and contacts within the tourism industry.
TGA offers members the following benefits:
- Experienced guides gain their National accreditation as part of their Professional Tour Guide membership. Guiding Organisations Australia Inc accreditation is the highest level of accreditation for tour guides in Australia
- Austrade’s ADS accreditation can be applied for by Chinese-speaking guides who are Professional Members of the TGA and work with inbound Chinese tour groups
- A personal TGA photo ID card to wear when working which identifies you as a tour guide – increasingly important in today’s security-conscious world
- Access to discounted public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- Your own profile on the TGA website’s “Find a Guide” section for professional exposure and job opportunities.
- Additional job opportunities through the members’ onlyJobs Board and the members’ only Facebook page
- Career Resources in the members’ only section of the TGA website
- Technical resources in the members’ only section of the TGA website
- TGA Newsletter, our member e-bulletin, which features professional development, opportunities, and industry news
- Access to benefits through the TGA’s membership of other organisations (e.g. VTIC, TTNQ, RHSV etc)
- Annual professional development program (seminars and workshops)
- Ongoing attraction/venue familiarisation opportunities
- Professional networking opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in tourism industry events
- TGA ID will give you access to many tourists’ venues free-of-charge for self-directed famils
- Voting rights – As a member, you are eligible to vote at AGM and become involved in your industry association
To check which level of membership is right for you, please click here: Categories of Membership
To become a Professional, Registered or Corporate member of the TGA please follow these steps:
- Submit the online membership form
- Provide proof that you are entitled to work in Australia. An Australian or New Zealand passport or
- A certificate of Australian citizenship or
- An Australian or New Zealand Birth Certificate or
- A certificate of Australian permanent residency or
- An Australian visa which outlines any working conditions and a copy of your date stamp of entry into Australia in your passport.
- the above differs from the other tab I reviewed – we need consistency
- Be assessed by one of our Australia-wide team of assessors who hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Assessment currently costs $75. Please check the kit which explains the assessment process. Download the very comprehensive kit which explains all you need to know.
- To read and agree to abide by the Australian Tour Guides Code of Conduct
- To have a current Certificate II in First Aid & CPR;
- To have current professional indemnity and public liability (for minimum $10mill) insurance as a tour guide (The TGA can offer the best deal on insurance. The annual premium for 2022 TBA late in 2022. Email firstname.lastname@example.org you need cover in the interim.
- To pay annual membership renewal fees which for 2022 will be:
- Professional Guide $200
- Registered $160 (incl. assessment fee)
- Corporate/Industry membership $500
- Associate Member $50
The membership year runs from January to December and membership for new applications is calculated on a pro-rata basis in their first year. Membership renewal notices are sent at the end of each calendar year
Are you ready to start? Simply complete and submit this TGA online application form.